The Ar•Ya Hammock is a “double-wide” or “two-person” hammock, constructed with a newly invented purpose-driven fabric (Ar•Ya) that’s 80% polyester and 20% “secret stuff”. Each hammock is hand crafted, triple stitched and checked for quality. With the included flat webbing ropes the Ar•Ya Hammock can support up to 700 pounds. The Ar•Ya Hammock is machine washable and fast drying.
A nylon hammock will usually cost you somewhere in to $50 -$150 range for the hammock, and an additional $20-$30 on straps to hang it with. Most nylon hammocks top out around 400 pounds capacity and have one function – as a hammock.
Nylon hammocks are really great hangs, but compared to Ar•Ya Hammocks:
– they have one usable panel vs our three for positioning yourself in the hammock
– nylon hammocks are stretchy an slick, Ar•Ya is sturdy and not-so-slick
– when rain hits nylon it quickly hits you, Ar•Ya is porous and fast drying, you don’t get wet
– nylon can be sticky in humid/wet/dew conditions; Ar•Ya is never sticky
– nylon hammocks are single function devices, Ar•Ya is designed to be multifunctional
We made a several videos comparing Ar•Ya Hammocks to nylon hammocks, click here to see our YouTube channel for the goods.
The Ar•Ya Hammock is just simply a great hammock. If you already love hammocks and have had a nylon style rig – the Ar•Ya Hammock is the upgrade you’ve been waiting for.